Pep Talks from the little voice in my head.

Random thoughts I have during the day, things I'm trying to work out in my head.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Reach Out and Touch Someone's Heart

I write this blog to encourage myself to keep working on improving myself. I think it started as more of a diary and then I decided that I needed to involve people in my life, to have accountability. I needed so badly to connect with other people. Sometimes I post about my problems on Facebook. I really need to resist that urge. It's not fair to my loved ones, I get that and I will do my best to refrain in the future. The backlash I received got me to thinking and even though the support I got was worth the humiliation and got me through some really low days, I need to make sure that it won't happen again. I began to think about what people say when a celebrity or somebody young takes their own life. "If only they had said something, reached out for help" or "this is such a tragedy, it could have been prevented." You know what happens when these people reach out though? They are told that they need to keep their problems to themselves, and that social media is not the place for it. They are told they should tell their closest friend. Sometimes there is no closest friend. Sometimes the only friends they have are people on social media who they have never even met. Think about the last time you came to my house, or the last time that I came to your house? Have you ever even been to my house? Have I ever been to yours? I give the best hugs. I know this because when people get one, they tell me how real they are and how much they love my hugs. When I have the opportunity to hug someone that I feel a connection to, I'm trying to give myself strength to keep going and I'm trying to make sure they know that they are special to me. If I had reached that lowest low and not reached out, I probably would still be here, because I've always found a way to keep moving one step in front of the other. But some people don't have that last bit of strength at the bottom of their pit, and just because you think they are strong, does not mean that they will be able to make it through the dark of the very worst night.

I am so thankful for the many people who reached out to lift me out of my despair, even if they couldn't physically come to my home. I'm so thankful for the family members who began a phone chain to each other to make sure I was okay, even if only one felt they could call me. I'm thankful to the people who warned me that I was asking for trouble by posting because I know they are looking out for me and want to protect me from the people who would stomp on my heart. However, for those who bashed me and ripped me a new one for not handling the situation with the reaction and anger they felt, I'm sorry for them. I'm sorry that they do not have the capacity to love and forgive others or themselves. Especially those who I know have need of that love and forgiveness but wouldn't offer it to another. We all need to stop living behind our phones, tablets, and computers and live real life. Enjoy each other. Throw parties or just stop by and visit each other. I'm going to open my door and let you in if you stop by, even if my house is a mess and I'm totally embarrassed, because I'm tired of being alone. I want to be around people. I want to learn what makes them more successful in life and show them how I get through tough times. Will you reach out and touch someone's heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment