Pep Talks from the little voice in my head.

Random thoughts I have during the day, things I'm trying to work out in my head.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Where is my Christmas spirit?

Missing:

Marcie's Christmas Spirit, last seen a few years (or more) ago when I would consider doing things like baking pies from scratch or cookies even. This year I tried to get the kids a Gingerbread House kit, I pawned it off on Cyndi to do with the boys while I was gone for a couple of hours, I came home to find it was in the garbage. I know they told me what happened to it, but I wasn't really listening. It didn't matter. So, Christmas is in 9 days and the only decoration I have up is the Santa I never took out of the window over the stairs last year. No tree, no wreath, no lights or anything. I meant to get Ethan an Advent Calendar and make a loop thing with him to count down to Christmas, but I haven't. Tomorrow is my husband's family's Christmas party and I haven't figured out what anyone will wear or even purchased any gifts, except a few pieces of jewelry for the aunts that my mom told me I should buy at a boutique party so that I'd have something to give them this year. One of them already broke in the bag, I hope the rest will at least make it through their first attempt to wear them. I guess that's what happens when you buy $3 jewelry. Yes, I'm that cheap. My son wants an Air Swimmer Shark. Somehow all I can think of is that it's going be be a pain in the behind to put together and I don't want to deal with it, but I will order it tomorrow anyway so that he'll get the one thing he asked for. The other kids have made it clear what they want as well, but I haven't even purchased one of those items yet. I think I'm going to have to turn on some Christmas music and fake it until I make it, starting today.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment