Pep Talks from the little voice in my head.

Random thoughts I have during the day, things I'm trying to work out in my head.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Relaxing and giving myself a break, and yet I'm still super busy

I've been giving myself permission to read books again. I've missed taking a little time out to relax and read a book. It really does recharge me. I'm spending less time on Facebook and more time on the house and still having time to read. Facebook really sucks away my time.

As for our doggie, Sandy, she was very ill last week. It seems she'd gotten roundworms while living in her prior home. She's feeling much better now. She still doesn't like dog food or dog treats though. We have a list on our fridge of what human foods she can have and she gets so excited when she gets a bit of flour tortilla or cheese or bread. I gave her a bit of Jon's sandwich ham but it's salty so I have to limit it. She LOVED that.

One of my biggest struggles right now is my five year old. He continues to fight me on the potty training. He just won't do #2 in the toilet. His pediatrician calls it potty training resistance, but not one of the tips on the paper he gave me have helped. We've tried rewards and he decides the rewards aren't worth it, and going the opposite was not working at all either, as he'd take the punishment and go right back to it. My mother in law has tried twice to sit with him in the bathroom with him on the toilet, for an hour! He got off the toilet and then went in his pants not long after. He's supposed to start Kindergarten in the Fall, I really hope we can get this resolved before then.

I also checked our credit report and scores, which are both improving. That's nice to see but it looks like I'll need to pay off some student loans in order to get my debt ratio where we want it.

Oops, just remembered that I am supposed to take something to Cyndi's school. I'd better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment